The O.P. » Reference » Episode Guide » Season Two
Jump to: References | Image Gallery | Quotes
- Broadcast 217
- Production 216
This episode is ranked 30th by readers.
/ Average: 4.35 (366 votes)
It’s Spring Break, and G.O.B. gets the chance to confront Phillip Litt, the guy who featured G.O.B.’s magic trick mistakes on a Girls with Low Self-Esteem video. Meanwhile, Lucille’s drinking is out of control and Michael tricks her into going to rehab by telling her it’s a spa. But when Kitty kidnaps George Sr. and attempts to blackmail the Bluths, Michael must turn to Lucille for help.
- Balboa Bay Window
- Buster checks out back issues of the magazine to remind himself of Lucille.
- The Bananagrabber is featured in the introduction to the Scandalmakers episode on the Bluth family.
- G.O.B. asks about “a good hospital” after smooshing the bird in his jacket, similar to him crunching a bird in Top Banana.
- Tobias shows his cutoffs at the intervention, and when Phillip Litt’s pants are pulled off revealing cutoffs. Dave Attell is also seen in cutoffs in Scandalmakers.
- Franklin appears in the intervention flashback, with Michael wearing his wig.
- Buster listens and sings along to “Rose’s Turn” from Gypsy, which Lucille also did in Marta Complex.
- Lucille breaks some ice using Buster’s hook.
- in the banana stand
- Lucille was hiding 250cc’s of George, Sr. in the banana stand, a callback to George, Sr. hiding $250,000 in the banana stand in Top Banana.
- juice box
- Buster mistakes Lucille’s emergency stash of wine for a juice box.
- A poster for the Tom Jane movie is seen in Maeby’s office at the studios.
- Buster’s prescription “for hand pain (phantom)” from Dr. Miller lists his name as “Byron ‘Buster’ Bluth.”
- on the next Arrested Development
- “Lucille gets some disturbing information, and Kitty finds what she’s been looking for.”
- Buster isn’t worried about being left alone after realizing that Roomba is still there.
- The episode “Blurred Truth: The Bluth Family Scandal” of Scandalmakers was broadcast, leading to Cal Cullen’s hesitance to make a deal, as well as leading Kitty to discover of George, Sr. in the attic.
- Señor Tadpole’s
- Kitty wants Lucille to meer her at the bar, first mentioned in Missing Kitty.
- The Señor Tadpole’s slogan, according to signs at the tables and waitress’s T-shirts, is “Make a margarita in your mouth,” a reference to Kitty’s activity in Missing Kitty.
- The sign at spring break for “Mr. Magician” G.O.B. says he’s “Alliance approved,” and lists “daring escapes, mind-boggling tricks, gravity defying stunts, amazing disappearing acts, & wild, intimate after-parties.” The fine print says, “for booking information, go to slip 5, dock 2, between 1 & 2 PM Wednesdays.”
- According to the “Spa Giveaway” sign, the “package includes: luxurious accomodations, electroshock therapy, full service restaurant, outdoor excursions, full service spa facility, and more!”
- spring break
- G.O.B. tells Michael he was going to be out “for the holidays.”
- swallows a key
- G.O.B. attempts to retch out a key, because he’s swallowed one, as in Key Decisions.
- Various people are seen wearing T-shirts from “Y.O.M.,” the music network which covered spring break previously.
- The Narrator says it was Buster’s first taste of alcohol since he was nursing; however, in Altar Egos, Lucille says she couldn’t breast feed any of her children because of George, Sr.’s nipple tweaking. (Thanks, MadeAHugeMistake.)
- chicken, Girls with Low Self-Esteem, ice, intervention, Linus, never nude, newspaper article, Profollica, Shady Pines, Sugarfoot, The Young Man and The Beach, wink
G.O.B.: Well, gee, I didn’t think the woman I’d be checking out at spring break would be Mom.
Buster: She’s better looking than the whores you date.
G.O.B.: Don’t call my escorts “whores.”
Buster: Mom’s still got it!
G.O.B.: I don’t date whores!
/ Average: 4.63 (118 votes)
Buster: He just wants to see boys’ Linuses.
/ Average: 4.57 (121 votes)