The O.P. » Reference » Bluthcyclopedia
This section describes gaffes, or bloopers, that occur during the show. Sometimes things occur during the show which seem inconsistent or illogical, but have been deemed to have been intentional decisions by the writers. Such errors can be found in the creative license entry.
- George, Sr. is heard instructing his assistant Delores on which documents to shred. However, we learn in Visiting Ours that his fiercely loyal assistant is Kitty. CONTEXT
- Top Banana
- During the fake previews, the banana stand is supposedly rebuilt on Newport Beach, but you can see a sign labeled “Fisherman’s Village” and “Marina del Rey,” which is where the show is actually filmed.
- Bringing Up Buster
- The school play is “Much Ado About Nothing,” but the line they act, “I would kiss before I spoke” is from “As You Like It.”
- Key Decisions
- During the introduction of the staircar, a camera is visible in the wideframe shot.
- Pier Pressure
- Buster says he needs marijuana because Lucille 2 doesn’t use medication. However, in In God We Trust, Buster wanted to play poker betting his anxiety pills against Lucille’s vertigo medicine.
- Beef Consommé
- George Michael visits his grandmother Lucille, but he is actually seen knocking on Lucille 2’s door.
- Altar Egos
- Michael says Lindsay repeated the ninth grade. However, in Top Banana, their yearbook photos imply they graduated the same year. (Thanks to Rob Pursley.)
- Missing Kitty
- The water coolers are labeled “H. MADDAZ” in the flashback, but “H. MADDAS” when Kitty hangs onto them in the final scene. Arguably, the first scene uses the “Z” so that “SADDAM” is more visible in the mirror’s reflection.
- Tobias complains to George, Sr. that he’s been in the Bluth family for 16 years; however in Marta Complex, Tobias and Lindsay had just celebrated their 14th anniversary.
- The One Where They Build A House
- The narrator says the Bluth family “prepared to unveil Phase Two,” however, in Staff Infection, the Bluth Company was working on Phase Three.
- Kitty has lost her lopsided breasts from Spring Break.
- George, Sr. is photographed at the frozen banana stand opening in 1963; however, in Pilot, the banana stand opened in 1953. CONTEXT
- George, Sr. is photographed at the completion of the Orange County Prison in 1983; however, in previous episodes, shots showed the prison opened in 1903.
- Queen for a Day
- The Narrator says Michael dropped off Lucille 2; however, in the scene prior, Michael had agreed to call her a cab. CONTEXT
- Spring Breakout
- The Narrator says it was Buster’s first taste of alcohol since he was nursing; however, in Altar Egos, Lucille says she couldn’t breast feed any of her children because of George, Sr.’s nipple tweaking. (Thanks, MadeAHugeMistake.)
- Development Arrested
- The S.E.C. boat is clearly labelled “Sheriff.” CONTEXT
- The subtitle says “twenty minutes later” but the clock only changes from “7:43” to “7:44.” (Thanks, Habitue.) CONTEXT